Wednesday 16 May 2012

Introducing...

Hellooo, my first blog was my application to Manchester University for Fashion design.. So technically this is my first ever official post as me. This is something that I have been intending to do for months, but as ever my Foundation course at Leeds Art college has demanded my attention.

But where there is an end, most upsetting saying goodbye to Leeds and some of the most lovely friends, other doors open to  London -Rochester University of the Arts to study a unique course for me Fashion Design: for print. It will not just be studying a random degree, its my passion, something that defines me.

A little taster of my final garments for my foundation final major project, the direction I have focused upon was draping and the impact upon the silhouette-



Inspiration for the styling of this shoot came from Chanel's recent catwalk show A/W 12-13, my interpretation was with pearls rather than jewels to emphasise the pale impression in the shoot.


Sarah Burton for McQueen this season created a dramatic effect with there extremely textured collection, layers drawn in at the waist with sculptured silver belts, cascading pleats beneath and tiered lengths. Minimal attention for make-up, frosty hair adds to the snowqueen imagery. A dream. They may be the most universally recognised labels, but the work that goes into each season is phenomenal. I would give my right arm to sew a small pearl to any of there garments...

Ta ta for now xx


No comments:

Post a Comment